Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8th January 1978


Mary of the 4th Form

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:
boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8th January 1978
Permalink  
 


cassette cover

 

check out my other live recordings at

 

http://livetape.blogspot.nl/

 



-- Edited by ArrGee on Wednesday 10th of June 2020 02:17:55 PM



-- Edited by ArrGee on Sunday 14th of June 2020 08:57:17 AM

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
RE: boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8 1 1977
Permalink  
 


Many thanks hans

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

This contains an explosive live version of Born To Burn and version of Barefootin' which is not the one on the b side of Looking After No One. 

Also rare live So Strange and It's All The Range. Have just heard this for the first time today so well worth a listen.



__________________


Rat Trap

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
Permalink  
 

This is amazing guys thanks so much, so many tracks that we don't get to hear live any more



__________________


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8th January 1978
Permalink  
 


Bobi G wrote:

Download link


 Bobi G forum legend.



-- Edited by ArrGee on Monday 15th of June 2020 08:01:12 PM

__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
RE: boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8 1 1977
Permalink  
 


Noel wrote:

This contains an explosive live version of Born To Burn and version of Barefootin' which is not the one on the b side of Looking After No One. 

Also rare live So Strange and It's All The Range. Have just heard this for the first time today so well worth a listen.


 Noel. If yous happen to have live Germany 78. So Strange and . It's All The Rage. Are on this format.



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

IMG_20200611_102307.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

manatthetop wrote:
Noel wrote:

This contains an explosive live version of Born To Burn and version of Barefootin' which is not the one on the b side of Looking After No One. 

Also rare live So Strange and It's All The Range. Have just heard this for the first time today so well worth a listen.


 Noel. If yous happen to have live Germany 78. So Strange and . It's All The Rage. Are on this format.


 Yes I have the live in Germany DVD and those two songs are on it. Did you download the Amsterdam gig? First time I ever heard live version of Born To Burn and it's really good, and pretty rare.



-- Edited by Noel on Thursday 11th of June 2020 09:36:52 AM

__________________


Rat Trap

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
Permalink  
 

All great, so many memories, never bite the hand that feeds etc



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Noel wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Noel wrote:

This contains an explosive live version of Born To Burn and version of Barefootin' which is not the one on the b side of Looking After No One. 

Also rare live So Strange and It's All The Range. Have just heard this for the first time today so well worth a listen.


 Noel. If yous happen to have live Germany 78. So Strange and . It's All The Rage. Are on this format.


 Yes I have the live in Germany DVD and those two songs are on it. Did you download the Amsterdam gig? First time I ever heard live version of Born To Burn and it's really good, and pretty rare.



-- Edited by Noel on Thursday 11th of June 2020 09:36:52 AM


 Only one word for this. Fantastic



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

This is 1st August 1977, isnt it?



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

According to https://www.paradiso.nl/en/about/archive/43602/ this took place on 8th January 1978.  Dont believe what you read.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
boomtown rats paradiso amsterdam 8th January 1978
Permalink  
 


ArrGee wrote:

According to https://www.paradiso.nl/en/about/archive/43602/ this took place on 8th January 1978.  Dont believe what you read.


 https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Boomtown_Rats

This is a very comprehensive list of gigs, even more so than the 'known tour dates' one. The pics were taken by Barry Schultz photography at the Rats hotel before the gig at the Paridiso in January 1978.

Screenshot_20200614-104206_Chrome.jpg



-- Edited by Noel on Sunday 14th of June 2020 09:44:34 AM



-- Edited by Noel on Sunday 14th of June 2020 09:47:54 AM

Attachments
__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

Where's Garry?



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

Noel wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

According to https://www.paradiso.nl/en/about/archive/43602/ this took place on 8th January 1978.  Dont believe what you read.


 https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Boomtown_Rats

This is a very comprehensive list of gigs, even more so than the 'known tour dates' one. 


They listed first gig twice.  On balance it seems more likely to have been on Halloween (Friday night). As the direct lift of my post suggests.  Compare http://theboomtownrats.blogspot.com/2005/10/30-years-ago-first-gig.html with https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/October_31,_1975_Bolton_St_College_of_Technology,_Dublin,_IRE  

 

1975

October 31, 1975 Bolton St College of Technology, Dublin, IRE (This was the "Rats" first gig. At the time they were known as the "Nightlife Thugs". This is believed to be the only gig they played under this name)

November 4, 1975 Kevin Street Tech, Dublin, IRE (The First Ever Gig)

 

PS I did attempt a list of all the gigs ever played here http://ratwiki.pbworks.com/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=Gigography but it has a lot of gaps.  I only put gigs up with some verification they actually happened or were at least scheduled.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Where's Garry?


 Probably still in bed in his hotel room after a late night in Groningen the previous day. I've chopped up the Paridiso gig into individual mp3's, and overall it's fantastic.smile

I'm curious about the live in Amsterdam Barefootin' which was on b side of Looking After No 1. The single was released in August 1977 so Barefootin' must have been recorded sometime before. Rats are listed as having played the Melkweg (Milky Way) at an unknown date before May 77 on the 'known tour dates ' . 

Another interesting thing about the Paridiso gig is that only three songs from the yet to be released Tonic For The Troops are played . Either they were sticking with the known and trusted debut album songs and b sides which is likely or the Tonic album was still being written. 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

Noel wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

Where's Garry?


 Probably still in bed in his hotel room after a late night in Groningen the previous day. I've chopped up the Paridiso gig into individual mp3's, and overall it's fantastic.smile

I'm curious about the live in Amsterdam Barefootin' which was on b side of Looking After No 1. The single was released in August 1977 so Barefootin' must have been recorded sometime before. Rats are listed as having played the Melkweg (Milky Way) at an unknown date before May 77 on the 'known tour dates ' . 

Another interesting thing about the Paridiso gig is that only three songs from the yet to be released Tonic For The Troops are played . Either they were sticking with the known and trusted debut album songs and b sides which is likely or the Tonic album was still being written. 


 I have also seen it stated Barefootin was recorded in Dublin. Which I think is more likely.  Also they may well have been recording A Tonic for The Troops in early 1978 at nearby Hilversum while playing these dates.  Pretty certain it was recorded in the Netherlands, but cant find anything to back up my memory.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6951
Date:
Permalink  
 

Noel wrote:
Bobi G wrote:

Download link


 Bobi G forum legend.


 Bobi G is not a legend, he is a very naughty boy.  Any more of this download link nonsense and I will have to issue him with another warning...



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just listened to this and also germany78both great concerts loving the stuff that's coming out of the archives etc keeping us going during lockdown

__________________


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Noel wrote:
Bobi G wrote:

Download link


 Bobi G forum legend.


 Bobi G is not a legend, he is a very naughty boy.  Any more of this download link nonsense and I will have to issue him with another warning...


 Absolutely,  down with this sort of thing.smile



__________________


Lookin' After Number 1

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
Permalink  
 

i had to re register,if you want the original cassette,im getting rid of thousands of tapes,since my extreme tinnitus,makes listening impossiblr

the highest bidder gets it,free shipping

 

hans de vente

 

dellaertlaan@gmail.com



__________________


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

hans j de ventte wrote:

i had to re register,if you want the original cassette,im getting rid of thousands of tapes,since my extreme tinnitus,makes listening impossiblr

the highest bidder gets it,free shipping

 

hans de vente

 

dellaertlaan@gmail.com


 Thanks for recording it back in the day Hans. It's great to have a rare and historic document of the Rats, and a lot of the songs like Born to Burn, So Strange,  All The Rage, Barefootin don't appear to often. The concert is great too for Geldof's talking to the audience and song introductions and the overall atmosphere is raw and exciting. 

Sorry to hear about your tinnitus and best of luck.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard