Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Yeats documentary coming up


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Yeats documentary coming up
Permalink  
 


suspect it will only be aired in Ireland, but I hope to get a chance to see it. Bob has been filming for it over the last few days:

 

http://sligoweekender.ie/2016/01/07/bob-geldof-explores-yeats-country/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook. photography by Brian Farrell.

The picture of Bob carrying his laundry bag through the park  Didnt think he liked airing his dirty easing in public winkbiggrinbiggrin

 



__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

It says RTE/BBC so you should be able to see this. Yeah Big year for Ireland 2016 100 years of British rule in the south came to an end But the war went on until 1922. When the north was split from the south 3 times the border was drawn up and each time it was to suit the unionists so they would have majority rule. Shame really. That's when the North (6 counties)Should be 9 became a  province Not a country



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2533
Date:
Permalink  
 

I grew up in a society free of the hassle of sectarianism, and who I marry, who I vote for and which football team I support is completely down to me. I'm grateful for that.



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

I grew up in a society free of the hassle of sectarianism, and who I marry, who I vote for and which football team I support is completely down to me. I'm grateful for that.


 Lucky for you Mark. But I happened to be born in a wee part of the world where to this day Sectarianism stinks



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish



__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2533
Date:
Permalink  
 

manatthetop wrote:
Mark L wrote:

I grew up in a society free of the hassle of sectarianism, and who I marry, who I vote for and which football team I support is completely down to me. I'm grateful for that.


 Lucky for you Mark. But I happened to be born in a wee part of the world where to this day Sectarianism stinks


 I could not agree more. A fortunate accident of birth, no more no less. And compared to many other countries in this world, lucky doesn't even begin to cover it.



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

I am also incredibly lucky to be born where I was and at the time I was.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2772
Date:
Permalink  
 

manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish


 I very much doubt all those Unionists will be willing to join a 'united' Ireland. The IRA spent nearly 40 years murdering over 1800 Unionists and bombing protestant towns.

I have a lot more sympathy for the Unionists than that's all thanks to the IRA and their methods. Good luck to Northern ireland too in the Euros.The vast majority of people in the Republic don't  spend their time worrying about a 'united  Ireland', which would really amount to a Sinn Fein left wing society pipe dream, which the Irish and Unionist middle classes don't really want.

Unionists see themselves as British and want to maintain the union. It's not 'ridiculous' to them, and they don't want to be bombed into a 'united' Ireland.



-- Edited by noelindublin on Monday 11th of January 2016 03:38:42 PM

__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2772
Date:
Permalink  
 

manatthetop wrote:
Mark L wrote:

I grew up in a society free of the hassle of sectarianism, and who I marry, who I vote for and which football team I support is completely down to me. I'm grateful for that.


 Lucky for you Mark. But I happened to be born in a wee part of the world where to this day Sectarianism stinks


 I think that sectarianism works both ways, and really means Unionist or Nationalist.



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1902
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

I grew up in a society free of the hassle of sectarianism, and who I marry, who I vote for and which football team I support is completely down to me. I'm grateful for that.


Controversial Mark!! Which football team you support can only EVER be local one or, just about acceptable, same as your dad. And if there was a tongue in cheek emoticon I'd stick it here  



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

noelindublin wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish


 I very much doubt all those Unionists will be willing to join a 'united' Ireland. The IRA spent nearly 40 years murdering over 1800 Unionists and bombing protestant towns.

I have a lot more sympathy for the Unionists than that's all thanks to the IRA and their methods. Good luck to Northern ireland too in the Euros.The vast majority of people in the Republic don't  spend their time worrying about a 'united  Ireland', which would really amount to a Sinn Fein left wing society pipe dream, which the Irish and Unionist middle classes don't really want.


 It's not happening any time soon. I'm being idealistic. Imagine a world where there is no religion...



__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2772
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jules wrote:
noelindublin wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish


 I very much doubt all those Unionists will be willing to join a 'united' Ireland. The IRA spent nearly 40 years murdering over 1800 Unionists and bombing protestant towns.

I have a lot more sympathy for the Unionists than that's all thanks to the IRA and their methods. Good luck to Northern ireland too in the Euros.The vast majority of people in the Republic don't  spend their time worrying about a 'united  Ireland', which would really amount to a Sinn Fein left wing society pipe dream, which the Irish and Unionist middle classes don't really want.


 It's not happening any time soon. I'm being idealistic. Imagine a world where there is no religion...


 The basic problem in NI is between Irish and British identity, not religion per se. ie Unionist vs Nationalist.



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

noelindublin wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish


 I very much doubt all those Unionists will be willing to join a 'united' Ireland. The IRA spent nearly 40 years murdering over 1800 Unionists and bombing protestant towns.

I have a lot more sympathy for the Unionists than that's all thanks to the IRA and their methods. Good luck to Northern ireland too in the Euros.The vast majority of people in the Republic don't  spend their time worrying about a 'united  Ireland', which would really amount to a Sinn Fein left wing society pipe dream, which the Irish and Unionist middle classes don't really want.

Unionists see themselves as British and want to maintain the union. It's not 'ridiculous' to them, and they don't want to be bombed into a 'united' Ireland.



-- Edited by noelindublin on Monday 11th of January 2016 03:38:42 PM


 See you just point out what the Ra did??  More to this Than meets the eye. What do you do when someone keeps holding you do Just take it? I'm aloud to be Irish and unionists are aloud to be British. So I could turn on it's head what you have just pointed out And say the same thing. Bottom line is Unionist's treated us like sh?t. they should be the one's asking us forgiveness



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

noelindublin wrote:
Jules wrote:
noelindublin wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

Excellent. Fingers crossed it gets broadcasted over here.

You should be one country, if independent from Britian a close ally. It's ridiculous being split.


 Agree 100% here. Just listen to johns Lennon's Luck of the Irish, single which was band & Paul Mac's Give Ireland back to the Irish


 I very much doubt all those Unionists will be willing to join a 'united' Ireland. The IRA spent nearly 40 years murdering over 1800 Unionists and bombing protestant towns.

I have a lot more sympathy for the Unionists than that's all thanks to the IRA and their methods. Good luck to Northern ireland too in the Euros.The vast majority of people in the Republic don't  spend their time worrying about a 'united  Ireland', which would really amount to a Sinn Fein left wing society pipe dream, which the Irish and Unionist middle classes don't really want.


 It's not happening any time soon. I'm being idealistic. Imagine a world where there is no religion...


 The basic problem in NI is between Irish and British identity, not religion per se. ie Unionist vs Nationalist.


 John Lennon song?? The basic problem in the north is not if your Irish or British Its to do with Ireland being whole again. Who gives any one the right to split a land in two??



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jules wrote:

I am also incredibly lucky to be born where I was and at the time I was.


 You sure are Jules. Now I have to read things that looks to me that some do not know what they are talking about. They should have tried living here in the 40 year war. Dislike arm chair people



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

I'm an armchair person. What do I know? My TV screen has been informing me for 50 years and newspapers. We know how accurate they are. Not.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hear hear. When all's said and done. We are only here for a short time. So that's all enjoy life.



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6963
Date:
Permalink  
 

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity

Uncanny.

 

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2772
Date:
Permalink  
 

manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

I am also incredibly lucky to be born where I was and at the time I was.


 You sure are Jules. Now I have to read things that looks to me that some do not know what they are talking about. They should have tried living here in the 40 year war. Dislike arm chair people


Probably a good idea not to talk about politics if you want to have friends.smile



-- Edited by noelindublin on Tuesday 12th of January 2016 03:15:11 PM

__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

noelindublin wrote:
manatthetop wrote:
Jules wrote:

I am also incredibly lucky to be born where I was and at the time I was.


 You sure are Jules. Now I have to read things that looks to me that some do not know what they are talking about. They should have tried living here in the 40 year war. Dislike arm chair people


Probably a good idea not to talk about politics if you want to have friends.smile



-- Edited by noelindublin on Tuesday 12th of January 2016 03:15:11 PM


 Agree. But your the one that brought the politics into it not me. Regarding Friends I don't even know you mate So I have nothing to loose



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

RTE One Thursday 24th March, 10.15 pm. I hope we get to see it.

www.facebook.com/thehippyangel/posts/10153921562947349

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Have asked about it being on bbc.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

IT will be n BBC 4 sometime in April.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jules wrote:

IT will be n BBC 4 sometime in April.


 To all you Geldof lover's. This is being shown tonight on RTE One 10. 15 1St of two parts  one hour long



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

BBC 4 Sunday, 3rd April 9 pm.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yeh set. To record it tonight thanks jules

__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Two page write up in Todays Irish independent about this Geldof doing all the talking (Never) How Yeats has made him feel irish again



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Geldof coming in for some hard stick here. Over what he said about the 1916 leader's . Everyone can have an opinion that's for sure. But that's for a time and place. Going by what they done on the 24th April 1916 even the Dubliner's were against them. Its what happened to them afterwards  That changed public opinion which lead to what we now know as the ROI. But each to there own



__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just to let you all know this is being shown on BBC1 Monday night 10.35 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard