Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: solo dates 2016 from a.s.s. concerts website


The Dutch One

Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Date:
solo dates 2016 from a.s.s. concerts website
Permalink  
 


Nothing official of course, but still I'd like to share it.

Two dates from the "a.s.s. concerts" website: 

 

13.08.2016 Mülheim an der Ruhr Ruhrbühne
 20.09.2016 MSC Sinfonia Rock & Blues Criuse

That last one looks very exciting: http://musiccruise.ch/rock-blues-cruise/



__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cruising time for the young bright lights 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Joke wrote:

 

13.08.2016 Mülheim an der Ruhr Ruhrbühne
 20.09.2016 MSC Sinfonia Rock & Blues Criuse

That last one looks very exciting: http://musiccruise.ch/rock-blues-cruise/


A cool £2250 or 3200CHF or $3200 or 2900 euro for a couple (800CHF single supplement from what I can see) also some extras like bus fare and port fees.  I'll pass on it, that's too cheap



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Errm not for me, this time. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket?

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


The Dutch One

Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

A cool £2250 or 3200CHF or $3200 or 2900 euro for a couple (800CHF single supplement from what I can see) also some extras like bus fare and port fees.  I'll pass on it, that's too cheap


 However, that is with all food and all drinks (!) included smile



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Joke wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

A cool £2250 or 3200CHF or $3200 or 2900 euro for a couple (800CHF single supplement from what I can see) also some extras like bus fare and port fees.  I'll pass on it, that's too cheap


 However, that is with all food and all drinks (!) included smile


 Still unaffordable. Are you planning on going to that Joke?



__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Joke wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

A cool £2250 or 3200CHF or $3200 or 2900 euro for a couple (800CHF single supplement from what I can see) also some extras like bus fare and port fees.  I'll pass on it, that's too cheap


 However, that is with all food and all drinks (!) included smile


An all inclusive?  No way!  Do you know the sort of low life they attract?  

If I can't ostentatiously squander my cash,  I'm not interested.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Joke wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

A cool £2250 or 3200CHF or $3200 or 2900 euro for a couple (800CHF single supplement from what I can see) also some extras like bus fare and port fees.  I'll pass on it, that's too cheap


 However, that is with all food and all drinks (!) included smile


An all inclusive?  No way!  Do you know the sort of low life they attract?  

If I can't ostentatiously squander my cash,  I'm not interested.


 

Thanks  - got your wide brush out again ArrGee to make another sweeping statement! We must have done at least half a dozen AI's over the years and choose carefully. No low life evidence where we've been. 



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ive done all inclusive in the past. A wide range of people used it. I'm put off by the affect it has on local business. Obviously not an issue here, but I remember walked into to the town nearby (can't remember where I was) and seeing a row of closed restaurants etc. It was deserted and ruined.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

It's a pity,  but most of us go to the supermarket and this endangers the independent shops - but what can you do?

Who's got the time to trapse round the chemist's, the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, the offy and so on and so forth, when it's all under one dry roof at Tesdaburys? 



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

It's a pity,  but most of us go to the supermarket and this endangers the independent shops - but what can you do?

Who's got the time to trapse round the chemist's, the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, the offy and so on and so forth, when it's all under one dry roof at Tesdaburys? 


 I'm guilty of that, apart from meat. i get that from the butchers and I do go to my local shops at other times. They need some support and they obviously get enough because they still exist after many years. 



__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

It's a pity,  but most of us go to the supermarket and this endangers the independent shops - but what can you do?

Who's got the time to trapse round the chemist's, the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, the offy and so on and so forth, when it's all under one dry roof at Tesdaburys? 


Our butcher's closed down after 90 years, but generally speaking people are eating less meat, so not too surprising.  A bit like travel agents.  Not needed.

Apart from Tesco, Costa, Starbucks and Boots, our high street is all independents, charity shops and mutuals.  And has a farmer's market on the first Sunday of every month.    I mainly shop at Waitrose as there is one under my office  and I can get a free newspaper and coffee every day.  At the weekends, even if I do go to Waitrose first, I come back via our High Street and have a look around.  Mainly at Oxfam Books & Music.  If I throw in food, hair cuts and so on, most of my general spending is in the high street.  My total spend at plcs is pretty low, near non existent.  Even my banks are mutuals. 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

One of my local shops is a big Sainsbury's...

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

It's a pity,  but most of us go to the supermarket and this endangers the independent shops - but what can you do?

Who's got the time to trapse round the chemist's, the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, the offy and so on and so forth, when it's all under one dry roof at Tesdaburys? 


Our butcher's closed down after 90 years, but generally speaking people are eating less meat, so not too surprising.  A bit like travel agents.  Not needed.

Apart from Tesco, Costa, Starbucks and Boots, our high street is all independents, charity shops and mutuals.  And has a farmer's market on the first Sunday of every month.    I mainly shop at Waitrose as there is one under my office  and I can get a free newspaper and coffee every day.  At the weekends, even if I do go to Waitrose first, I come back via our High Street and have a look around.  Mainly at Oxfam Books & Music.  If I throw in food, hair cuts and so on, most of my general spending is in the high street.  My total spend at plcs is pretty low, near non existent.  Even my banks are mutuals. 


 

Not used a travel agent since 1999. Not so much savings in it as the early 2000s but more fun anyway putting your own trip together. 

They never rankled me as much as estate agents who I hope also gravitate to online only where selling costs are much more reasonable. 

Since supermarkets don't offer haircuts or houses, those practioners are going to of course be on the high street like charity shops. But generally, supermarkets have injured independent shops considerably over the years 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:
ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

It's a pity,  but most of us go to the supermarket and this endangers the independent shops - but what can you do?

Who's got the time to trapse round the chemist's, the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, the offy and so on and so forth, when it's all under one dry roof at Tesdaburys? 


Our butcher's closed down after 90 years, but generally speaking people are eating less meat, so not too surprising.  A bit like travel agents.  Not needed.

Apart from Tesco, Costa, Starbucks and Boots, our high street is all independents, charity shops and mutuals.  And has a farmer's market on the first Sunday of every month.    I mainly shop at Waitrose as there is one under my office  and I can get a free newspaper and coffee every day.  At the weekends, even if I do go to Waitrose first, I come back via our High Street and have a look around.  Mainly at Oxfam Books & Music.  If I throw in food, hair cuts and so on, most of my general spending is in the high street.  My total spend at plcs is pretty low, near non existent.  Even my banks are mutuals. 


 

Not used a travel agent since 1999. Not so much savings in it as the early 2000s but more fun anyway putting your own trip together. 

They never rankled me as much as estate agents who I hope also gravitate to online only where selling costs are much more reasonable. 

Since supermarkets don't offer haircuts or houses, those practioners are going to of course be on the high street like charity shops. But generally, supermarkets have injured independent shops considerably over the years 


 We have a massive selection of stores on our high street.  Art Gallery, Antiques, Gift shops, Funeral Directors, Florists, Pet Shop, Building Society, Pharmacy, Hardware, Fishmongers, Opticians,  Haberdashery, Pubs, Electrical, Clothes, Shoes, Booze, Food, Jewellers, Bakers, etc.   There is even a travel agency.  All all of the above are independent traders or mutuals.

Only things missing are a butchers and a furniture store, though someone did have a go at that with a retro arty store that  you would shake your head at when you passed it.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

They never rankled me as much as estate agents who I hope also gravitate to online only where selling costs are much more reasonable. 


The middleman is getting cut out altogether in our area.  People just directly leaflet the streets they want and agree deals.  I "sold" my house this way a few years ago, but due to circumstances beyond my control it didn't go through.   But plenty of others have.  Three of my near neighbours bagged their houses with that tactic. 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

One of my neighbours sold last year through emoov for  £800 app. Much more like it. What do the high streets agents do for the on average  £4000 or so he was quoted.

Crewe is I am afraid not blessed with the selection you set out in your neck of the woods although Nantwich nearby has a better more upmarket selection and feel. 

I resonate with this Telegraph report. I think it is a shame but I am guilty of cutting out several independents by swanning round Tesdaburys. Especially when it rains. 

We use Waitrose at Sandbach occasionally but mostly come up against pensioners crowding round the coffee area clutching their free Daily Mails muttering Littlejohn catchphrases like 'you couldn't make it up'. Do like the 20% off specials though. 

this HTML class. Value is http://www.telegraph



-- Edited by Mark L on Thursday 11th of February 2016 02:10:28 PM

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6976
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

We use Waitrose at Sandbach occasionally but mostly come up against pensioners crowding round the coffee area clutching their free Daily Mails muttering Littlejohn catchphrases like 'you couldn't make it up'. 


 Swap the Mail for the Telegraph and that's me!



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

They never rankled me as much as estate agents who I hope also gravitate to online only where selling costs are much more reasonable. 


The middleman is getting cut out altogether in our area.  People just directly leaflet the streets they want and agree deals.  I "sold" my house this way a few years ago, but due to circumstances beyond my control it didn't go through.   But plenty of others have.  Three of my near neighbours bagged their houses with that tactic. 


 If I go into town there's everything, but just a few minutes walk from home I find independent shops and a post office. Slightly further the other way, though the other side of the park is a big Sainsbury'S. 



__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jules wrote:
ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

They never rankled me as much as estate agents who I hope also gravitate to online only where selling costs are much more reasonable. 


The middleman is getting cut out altogether in our area.  People just directly leaflet the streets they want and agree deals.  I "sold" my house this way a few years ago, but due to circumstances beyond my control it didn't go through.   But plenty of others have.  Three of my near neighbours bagged their houses with that tactic. 


 If I go into town there's everything, but just a few minutes walk from home I find independent shops and a post office. Slightly further the other way, though the other side of the park is a big Sainsbury'S. 


 With a big S on the end smile



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Must have a big S .

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

Some interesting stats

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11943337/Independent-shops-declining-at-disastrous-rate-report-warns.html

 



__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2538
Date:
Permalink  
 

and this is the link I meant to post before

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/reinvent-the-high-street/10122352/Is-it-the-end-of-the-road-for-high-street-shops-and-pubs.html

Maybe independent shops are still flourishing in and around London but up here the rise of the hyper/supermarkets and Internet shopping has had a disastrous effect in many places.



__________________


The biggest Geldof fan in the world, bar none!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6377
Date:
Permalink  
 

Reports on TV have suggested that people are moving back towards independent shops. Not seen much evidence of it, personally.

__________________
Love Julesxxx
Bob's personal Hippy Angel - well in my dreams ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=709427348&ref=profile
http://www.facebook.com/BobGeldofFans


The Dutch One

Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Date:
Permalink  
 

Back to the topic: I have considered the cruise. 

We had been thinking about trying a cruise, and this route (eastern mediterranean, starting from Venice) was our first choice. 

However, if you look at the current cruise offerings, this music cruise's price is more than double that of a similar cruise. So that would be a lot on money for one (or two, accordiing to bg.com) solo gigs...

But who knows, they might drop the price last-minute, if they are left with unbooked cabins. So I am still leaving the option open smile



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard