Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: The Who/Blur/Strokes - Hyde Park June 2015 - Two day tickets £99


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
The Who/Blur/Strokes - Hyde Park June 2015 - Two day tickets £99
Permalink  
 


...maybe The Boomtown Rats as one of the many more acts to start the whole show?  A warm up for Glastonbury...



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


She's So Modern

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:
RE: The Who, Paul Weller, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs - Hyde Park Friday 26 June 2015 plus many more acts to be announced
Permalink  
 


I hope so! The kaiser chiefs are brilliant live so I'd definitely be up for that if the Boomtown Rats are playing as well

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
The Who, Paul Weller, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs - Hyde Park Friday 26 June 2015 plus many more acts to be announced
Permalink  
 


I noted "Let's Rock London" has suddenly appeared on Saturday 27th June 2015.  Line up to be announced on Friday.  The Rats are playing the Bristol equivalent earlier in the month.  Knowing my luck they'll play this ahead of Hyde Park.  I'm not going to watch the Thompson Twins, Rick Astley and all that other sh!te just to see The Rats and From The Jam.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
RE: The Who, Paul Weller, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs - Hyde Park Friday 26 June 2015 plus many more acts to be announced
Permalink  
 


ArrGee wrote:

I noted "Let's Rock London" has suddenly appeared on Saturday 27th June 2015. 


 Won't be Rats Rock London.  Phew!



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2772
Date:
Permalink  
 

Credit cards at the ready. Lionel Richie announced for this years  Glastonbury. Adrian Childs on 5 live joked today that as ACDC were rumoured to be there as well, he'd like to see Richie and 'the DC' as the backing band. Well, made me smilesmile

Makes me wonder what other odd music combos there could be? Metallica backing Daniel O Donnell?



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

Got a ticket this afternoon for tomorrow night's Who gig at The O2 and Roger Daltrey has called in sick! Ah well, something to look forward to in March.

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Got a ticket this afternoon for tomorrow night's Who gig at The O2 and Roger Daltrey has called in sick! Ah well, something to look forward to in March.


 Maybe the Rats could pop along and do the support slot



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

Got a ticket this afternoon for tomorrow night's Who gig at The O2 and Roger Daltrey has called in sick! Ah well, something to look forward to in March.


 Maybe the Rats could pop along and do the support slot


Given Wilko Johnson is supporting them at the Teenage Cancer Trust gig later that, so maybe he will do this as well.  I could sneak down to the front row while he is onstage.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1920
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
ArrGee wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

Got a ticket this afternoon for tomorrow night's Who gig at The O2 and Roger Daltrey has called in sick! Ah well, something to look forward to in March.


 Maybe the Rats could pop along and do the support slot


Given Wilko Johnson is supporting them at the Teenage Cancer Trust gig later that, so maybe he will do this as well.  I could sneak down to the front row while he is onstage.


 I could almost be convinced to cough up if Wilko was added. Almost. Still umming and ahhing about the marginally cheaper TCT ones.



__________________

https://www.facebook.com/CollectorManiac



Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 407
Date:
Permalink  
 

Tango wrote:

 I could almost be convinced to cough up if Wilko was added. Almost. Still umming and ahhing about the marginally cheaper TCT ones.


 £90 for restricted view circle tickets at RAH for TCT, which is what I got block A (aisle seat) at The O2 for.  Hyde Park was £80, but I should have got it via barclaycard and saved the £10 booking fee.



__________________
 What is this guy talking about? 


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1920
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee1991 wrote:
Tango wrote:

 I could almost be convinced to cough up if Wilko was added. Almost. Still umming and ahhing about the marginally cheaper TCT ones.


 £90 for restricted view circle tickets at RAH for TCT, which is what I got block A (aisle seat) at The O2 for.  Hyde Park was £80, but I should have got it via barclaycard and saved the £10 booking fee.


 I think I'll continue to choose food over The Who at this rate.



__________________

https://www.facebook.com/CollectorManiac



Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 407
Date:
Permalink  
 

Tango wrote:
ArrGee1991 wrote:
Tango wrote:

 I could almost be convinced to cough up if Wilko was added. Almost. Still umming and ahhing about the marginally cheaper TCT ones.


 £90 for restricted view circle tickets at RAH for TCT, which is what I got block A (aisle seat) at The O2 for.  Hyde Park was £80, but I should have got it via barclaycard and saved the £10 booking fee.


 I think I'll continue to choose food over The Who at this rate.


Possible seats in the choir could become available and be a bit cheaper. You can pretend you are part of the crew!



__________________
 What is this guy talking about? 


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1920
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee1991 wrote:
Tango wrote:
ArrGee1991 wrote:
Tango wrote:

 I could almost be convinced to cough up if Wilko was added. Almost. Still umming and ahhing about the marginally cheaper TCT ones.


 £90 for restricted view circle tickets at RAH for TCT, which is what I got block A (aisle seat) at The O2 for.  Hyde Park was £80, but I should have got it via barclaycard and saved the £10 booking fee.


 I think I'll continue to choose food over The Who at this rate.


Possible seats in the choir could become available and be a bit cheaper. You can pretend you are part of the crew!


 I'll keep 'em peeled, and in the meantime practicing lying against walls like I'm holding up bricks.



__________________

https://www.facebook.com/CollectorManiac



Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
The Who/Blur/Strokes - Hyde Park June 2015 - Two day tickets £99
Permalink  
 


See The Who and Blur (my choice). Or The Who and The Strokes. Or maybe The Strokes and Blur. For £99.
If you happen to have bought a ticket already, you can get a refund and buy the joint ticket saving you up to £45 (Who - £69/blur - £75/Strokes £60).
If you only want to go to one of the gigs, buy both and flog the other on Seatwave/Viagogo/GetMeIn/Stubhub.

Avoid all fees using Barclaycard Fee Free Friday. www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/customer/altogetherbetter/entertainment/fee-free-friday

 

BST-hyde-park-600x310.jpg



-- Edited by ArrGee on Friday 27th of March 2015 12:04:49 PM

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

So Sunday @ Glastonbury = Friday @ Hyde Park

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-who-to-headline-sunday-night-at-glastonbury-2015/

 

We're delighted to announce that The Who will headline Sunday night at Glastonbury Festival 2015, with Paul Weller playing the penultimate slot.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The Dutch One

Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have tickets for the Who in Amsterdam, July 1. Yesterday I got an email that it's been moved to July 2 because of the Glastonbury date. Those oldies need three full days to recover from Glastonbury? biggrin



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

Joke wrote:

I have tickets for the Who in Amsterdam, July 1. Yesterday I got an email that it's been moved to July 2 because of the Glastonbury date. Those oldies need three full days to recover from Glastonbury? biggrin


You're lucky it's just a day. I got a ticket for December and they postponed to March.  Roger Daltrey's voice is quite fragile, so they try to have a day or two between dates.  Also they do quite a long set.  In London they started at 8pm which meant a lot of people weren't even there when they started.  Some people near me arrived close to 9pm.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 6970
Date:
Permalink  
 

Joke wrote:

I have tickets for the Who in Amsterdam, July 1. Yesterday I got an email that it's been moved to July 2 because of the Glastonbury date. Those oldies need three full days to recover from Glastonbury? 

 

 They have cancelled a few shows in the US this week. Might not make it to Amsterdam.

http://thewho.com/the-who-postponed-dates/

It is with regret that the Who are postponing the next three shows of their The Who Hits 50! North American Tour based on doctors advice that lead singer Roger Daltrey remain on vocal rest, due to swollen vocal cords, for the remainder of this week.

The three shows affected are: Tuesday 5 May in Kansas City, MO at the Sprint Center, Thursday 7 May in St Louis, MO at the Scottrade Center and Saturday 9 May in Louisville, KY at the KFC Yum! Arena. 



-- Edited by ArrGee on Friday 8th of May 2015 06:31:40 PM

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard