Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Ranking of every Boomtown Rats and Bob Geldof solo album


Never In A Million Years

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:
Ranking of every Boomtown Rats and Bob Geldof solo album
Permalink  
 


Hello, I thought it might be a fun idea to pass the time to rank albums in order of preference from best to worst. The best being at the top of your list. Perhaps with a top 2 tracks from each record?

 

The Boomtown Rats

A Tonic for the Troops

The Fine Art of Surfacing

Mondo Bongo

V Deep

In The Long Grass

Deep In The Heart of Nowhere

Vegetarians of Love

The Happy Club

Sex Age and Death

How to Compost Popular Songs That Will Sell

Citizens of Boomtown



-- Edited by Rats Fan on Tuesday 17th of March 2020 10:33:46 AM

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7163
Date:
Permalink  
 

Rats Fan wrote:

Hello, I thought it might be a fun idea to pass the time to rank albums in order of preference from best to worst. The best being at the top of your list. Perhaps with a top 2 tracks from each record?

 

The Boomtown Rats

A Tonic for the Troops

The Fine Art of Surfacing

Mondo Bongo

V Deep

In The Long Grass

Deep In The Heart of Nowhere

Vegetarians of Love

The Happy Club

Sex Age and Death

How to Compost Popular Songs That Will Sell

Citizens of Boomtown


Gung~Ho as well?   

PS probably composting is the best thing for a couple of the Geldof solo efforts



-- Edited by ArrGee on Tuesday 17th of March 2020 10:45:46 AM

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7163
Date:
Permalink  
 

  1. A Tonic for the Troops
  2. The Boomtown Rats
  3. The Fine Art of Surfacing
  4. In The Long Grass
  5. Mondo Bongo
  6. V Deep
  7. Citizens of Boomtown
  8. Sex, Age & Death
  9. How to Compose
  10. Vegetarians of Love
  11. Deep In The Heart of Nowhere
  12. The Happy Club
  13. Gung~Ho

Missing a couple of the solo LPs though, as I can only remember 5 of the 7.

Before I get pulled up on it, I am been a bit inconsistent with my other musings where I have rated In The Long Grass higher, but that is how I feel today.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Never In A Million Years

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:
Permalink  
 

The Fine Art of Surfacing (I Don't Like Mondays, When the Night Comes)

A Tonic for the Troops (Eva Braun, Rat Trap)

The Boomtown Rats (Joey, 

The Happy Club (Too Late God, Roads of Germany)

Vegetarians of Love (The Great Song of Indifference, The End of the World)

How To Compose Popular Songs that will sell (Dazzled by You, Silly Pretty Things)

Citizens of Boomtown (Here's A Postcard, K.I.S.S for all it's failings the energy is fabulous)

In The Long Grass (Drag Me Down, A Hold on Me)

Mondo Bongo (Banana Republic, Elephant's Graveyard)

V Deep (He Watches It All, Never In A Million Years)

Sex Age and Death (Scream In Vain, Mudslide)

Deep In The Heart of Nowhere (This Is The World Calling, In The Pouring Rain)

 

 



__________________


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 958
Date:
Permalink  
 

A Tonic For The Troops
In The Long Grass
Citizens of Boomtown
Sex, Age & Death
Boomtown Rats
FAOS
Veg of Love
Mondo Bongo
How To Decompose
V Deep
Happy Club
DITHON

__________________


In the Long Grass

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Tonic.

BTRs.

ITLG.

FAOS

C.of Btn.

Mondo bongo.

V. Deep.

Sad

Sad 2

V. Of love

Songs that will sell.

Anthology.

Deep in the heart of nowhere

Happy club. Best song on this album. Soft soil



__________________


Dave

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:
Permalink  
 

Fingers Greengate album has some good tracks. His singing on album is not great but the music is good, sounds like Stereolab. Apart from Play To Win I think the Greengate album has the better tunes. Maybe he could have got Simom to do the singing?



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7163
Date:
Permalink  
 

Noel wrote:

Fingers Greengate album has some good tracks. His singing on album is not great but the music is good, sounds like Stereolab. Apart from Play To Win I think the Greengate album has the better tunes. Maybe he could have got Simom to do the singing?


 I forgot the Gerry Cott instrumental album.  14th.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7163
Date:
Permalink  
 

And Jiggerypipery. I cant rate it cos i never heard it!

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:
Permalink  
 

(including all solo efforts that I've heard! and favorite songs from 'em.) (for the record, I don't hate/dislike any of the albums as a whole)

In The Long Grass - Lucky

I Left My Hat In Haiti - Some Lonely Kid

The Happy Club - The Song of the Emergent Nationalist

The Fine Art of Surfacing - Wind Chill Factor (Minus Zero)

Deep In The Heart of Nowhere - Night Turns To Day

The Boomtown Rats - Never Bite The Hand That Feeds

Citizens of Boomtown - K.I.S.S.

Sex, Age, and Death - $6,000,000 Loser

Gung~Ho (aka 10) - Burnin' Out

A Tonic for the Troops - Me and Howard Hughes

How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell - She's a Lover

Mondo Bongo - Under Their Thumb is Under My Thumb

V Deep - He Watches It All

Urban Soundscapes - San Francisco Up The Down Staircase

Vegetarians of Love - Big Romantic Stuff



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7163
Date:
Permalink  
 

zippaguppis wrote:

(including all solo efforts that I've heard! and favorite songs from 'em.) (for the record, I don't hate/dislike any of the albums as a whole)

In The Long Grass - Lucky

I Left My Hat In Haiti - Some Lonely Kid

The Happy Club - The Song of the Emergent Nationalist

The Fine Art of Surfacing - Wind Chill Factor (Minus Zero)

Deep In The Heart of Nowhere - Night Turns To Day

The Boomtown Rats - Never Bite The Hand That Feeds

Citizens of Boomtown - K.I.S.S.

Sex, Age, and Death - $6,000,000 Loser

Gung~Ho (aka 10) - Burnin' Out

A Tonic for the Troops - Me and Howard Hughes

How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell - She's a Lover

Mondo Bongo - Under Their Thumb is Under My Thumb

V Deep - He Watches It All

Urban Soundscapes - San Francisco Up The Down Staircase

Vegetarians of Love - Big Romantic Stuff


Whoa! Tonic below Gung~Ho, are these in no particular order? 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 943
Date:
Permalink  
 

1; in the long grass 2, citizens of boomtown 3,a tonic for the troops 4,boomtown rats,5,how to compose 6,v deep 7,fine art 8,sex age 9, mondo 10 , happy club 11, vegetarian 12,deep in the heart 13,urban soundscapes

__________________


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 943
Date:
Permalink  
 

Haven't heard gung ho or the Gerry cott album listened to jiggersy pipers hated it apart from drumming so I wold lie to hear gerrys first album but very unlikely as quite dear to buy

__________________


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Whoa! Tonic below Gung~Ho, are these in no particular order? 

 Oops, meant to switch those two up. Tonic would be higher, but I don't listen to it as often as I should.



__________________


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:
Permalink  
 

If I remember right, you can find Haiti on youtube! Not in the greatest quality, however no



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard