Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2021 dates
Best gig of 2021? [1 vote(s)]

Stone Valley
0.0%
Dagenham
100.0%
Norwich
0.0%
Crawley
0.0%
London Palladium
0.0%


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
2021 dates
Permalink  
 


Fri 13 Aug Stone Valley South, Ware

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham

Sat 25 Sep Let's Rock Norwich

Tue 12 Oct The Hawth, Crawley

Thu 14 Oct London Palladium (support Gabi Garbutt & The Illuminations)



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


V Deep

Status: Offline
Posts: 958
Date:
Permalink  
 

Still not sure about London on a Thursday.I still have my tickets but I will decide closer to the date.

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Derek The Dane wrote:

Still not sure about London on a Thursday.I still have my tickets but I will decide closer to the date.


 Suspect it will be September before any of know if it will happen.  



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Let's hope the various vaccines outwit the virus and all its Tier 4-inducing mutations including the latest 71% more infectious strain. 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Looks like Stone Valley & Norwich will be postponed as well...

https://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/news/19083169.lechlade-festival-postponed-due-covid-19/ 

 THE 10th Lechlade Festival due to take place in May 2021 has been postponed yet again because of the Covid-19 situation. The committee feels that this is the only responsible and safe decision. Following informed advice from government and industry representatives, it has become clear that large events and mass gatherings are not going to be able to take place as early as May this year.

It is very disappointing as the organisers have been working hard on new, innovative ideas, redesigning the festival to make you feel as safe as possible, whilst still bringing you a weekend of family fun and fantastic live music. Lechlade Festival 2022, therefore, will take place over the weekend of May 27-29 2022. Already top names such as The Boomtown Rats have been confirmed!

For those of you who choose to roll over your tickets to 2022, the organisers are offering the following benefits: £10 bar voucher per adult; exclusive Friends of the Festival merchandise; and an exclusive discount on Lechlade Festival 2023 tickets. If you have already purchased tickets for 2021 (or have 2020 tickets which were automatically transferred), you have the option now to transfer your tickets again to 2022, or receive a refund. Ticket holders will receive full information on transfers and refunds via an email from Eventbrite. Please let the organisers know as soon as possible if you have changed your email address.

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Regarding Stone Valley South...

In light of the current restrictions and today's road map announcement, confirming that social distancing laws and regulations will be removed on 21st June, wed like to announce the plans we've put in place to make sure SVF South will now definitely go ahead this year, as we've been working hard to prepare a contingency plan to ensure that the festival will be staged in 2021.
As the end of May, is now a few weeks too soon for outdoor restrictions to be sufficiently lifted, to allow the event to be held then, we can announce that Stone Valley Festival South will be rescheduled to later summer. This will allow plenty of time for the adult vaccine program to be completed by the end of July and outdoor restrictions lifted, so we can all still enjoy the festival this year.
As considerate and ethical event organisers, we will ensure that we will be fully Covid-safe and will go the extra mile to ensure all safety and hygiene requirements will be in place.
We all need live music to look forward to this summer, as we start to return to normality, and to help keep the invaluable live music industry in business, which is responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs. Small independent festivals like SVF and many others, and their survival for the future, are a vital part of this industry. We again offer our genuinely heartfelt thanks for your continued support, well wishes and patience, in keeping your tickets and waiting with us. Wherever possible we hope you can join us later this year, when we can finally enjoy a very long overdue party.
A big thanks to the bands who are busy organising their diaries, so they can be there, and to all the suppliers working with us through such a difficult time, to make sure we can see you all there later this year, and for many years to come. It WILL be worth the wait and it is going to be a VERY special weekend to remember.
Confirmation of the dates and line up will be announced by the weekend and we can FINALLY have something good to look forward to.
Stay safe, take care and keep the faith.

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Very very few people will want the restrictions to go on a moment longer than necessary, but I think the idea that Boris addressed the nation yesterday 'confirming that social distancing laws and regulations will be removed on 21st June' is somewhat wide of the mark. To count our rats before they are born is a mischief.



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

Very very few people will want the restrictions to go on a moment longer than necessary, but I think the idea that Boris addressed the nation yesterday 'confirming that social distancing laws and regulations will be removed on 21st June' is somewhat wide of the mark. To count our rats before they are born is a mischief.


 Hoping to go to theatre with Mrs. ArrGee on 17th July, and The Divine Comedy in first week of September (4 of their 5 night residency).  And of course Rats in October.  As they are all seated reckon they should all be OK.  Also have a couple of seated comedy shows in late September and mid-November.

Aside from Stone Valley, have three general admission gigs to be rearranged.  Got jab today, so will get second jab in 3 months time and that will be the start of June.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

Very very few people will want the restrictions to go on a moment longer than necessary, but I think the idea that Boris addressed the nation yesterday 'confirming that social distancing laws and regulations will be removed on 21st June' is somewhat wide of the mark. To count our rats before they are born is a mischief.


 Hoping to go to theatre with Mrs. ArrGee on 17th July, and The Divine Comedy in first week of September (4 of their 5 night residency).  And of course Rats in October.  As they are all seated reckon they should all be OK.  Also have a couple of seated comedy shows in late September and mid-November.

Aside from Stone Valley, have three general admission gigs to be rearranged.  Got jab today, so will get second jab in 3 months time and that will be the start of June.


 

Let's hope all goes according to plan and no nasty, crafty variants. 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Fri 13 Aug Aug Stone Valley South  https://www.stonevalleyfestival.co.uk/

Line Ups unchanged, Friday night Rats.

Booked a nearby hotel next to train station with free cancellation.  An hours walk away, but a couple of pubs at the halfway point to grab a little refreshment. Might catch an Uber back to hotel. Dont fancy 3 nights in a tent. 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Fri 13 Aug Aug Stone Valley South  https://www.stonevalleyfestival.co.uk/

Line Ups unchanged, Friday night Rats.

Booked a nearby hotel next to train station with free cancellation.  An hours walk away, but a couple of pubs at the halfway point to grab a little refreshment. Might catch an Uber back to hotel. Dont fancy 3 nights in a tent. 


 Just found out last train from St Margarets gets me home on Friday and Saturday biggrin



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Note some festival dates have changed - Car Fest and Forever Young

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

186522411_10165572882810195_870996990096



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Heres hoping. But watch out for the variants. 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Two gigs in one day?  Now I have to decide should I go to Dagenham or back to Stone Valley for Happy Mondays on Sunday.  Probably will go to Dagenham as it is nearer and I can catch tube home.
 

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham - FREE ENTRY
https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/things-to-do/becontree-forever-weekender-at-parsloes-park-line-ups-8020658

 

Sun 15 Aug Retro Car Fest Bicester

https://www.ents24.com/festival/retro-carfest-2021/6223020



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/roundhouse-music-festival

Village Blues Club Stage

Our amazing line up includes:

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Sun 27 Jun Stone Valley North 


 Looks like this will be cancelled/postponed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57447632

The government is considering delaying the lifting of England's remaining Covid restrictions by up to four weeks, sources have told the BBC.

The final stage of lifting lockdown, originally planned to take place no earlier than 21 June, would see all legal limits on social contact removed.

It comes amid growing concern over rapidly increasing cases and the higher transmissibility of the Delta variant.

Downing Street sources emphasised that no final decision has been made yet.

Data is still being examined ahead of a final announcement scheduled for Monday, and a senior government source stressed the government was considering "options - plural" for step four of England's roadmap.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


House on Fire

Status: Offline
Posts: 145
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Two gigs in one day?  Now I have to decide should I go to Dagenham or back to Stone Valley for Happy Mondays on Sunday.  Probably will go to Dagenham as it is nearer and I can catch tube home.
 

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham - FREE ENTRY
https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/things-to-do/becontree-forever-weekender-at-parsloes-park-line-ups-8020658

 

Sun 15 Aug Retro Car Fest Bicester

https://www.ents24.com/festival/retro-carfest-2021/6223020


 Just the one now

 

carfest.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

suss wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

Two gigs in one day?  Now I have to decide should I go to Dagenham or back to Stone Valley for Happy Mondays on Sunday.  Probably will go to Dagenham as it is nearer and I can catch tube home.
 

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham - FREE ENTRY
https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/things-to-do/becontree-forever-weekender-at-parsloes-park-line-ups-8020658

 

Sun 15 Aug Retro Car Fest Bicester

https://www.ents24.com/festival/retro-carfest-2021/6223020


 Just the one now


 Suits me.  I was never going to Bicester.  Dagenham is a bus ride away.  Will do that rather than Sunday at Stone Valley South.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Sun 26 Sep Stone Valley North 


 New dates for Stone Valley North.  Assuming Rats play on Sunday as per original line up, but could be Friday 24th. Will be confirmed next week.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
ArrGee wrote:

Sun 26 Sep Stone Valley North 


 New dates for Stone Valley North.  Assuming Rats play on Sunday as per original line up, but could be Friday 24th. Will be confirmed next week.


 Rats no longer on Stone Valley North line up https://www.stonevalleyfestival.co.uk/

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Fri 13 Aug Stone Valley South

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham

Thu 26 Aug W-Fest Waregem, Belgium 

Sun 12 Sep Forever Young, Kildare, Ireland

Sat 25 Sep Let's Rock Norwich

Fri 08 Oct Alexela Kontserdimaja, Tallinn, Estonia

Sat 09 Oct KULTUURITALO, Helsinki, Finland

Thu 14 Oct London Palladium (support Gabi Garbutt & The Illuminations)


Down to 6 dates (not convinced Estonian nor Finnish dates will happen) and I am at half of them.

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


House on Fire

Status: Offline
Posts: 145
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just in case anyone was going the Rats (amongst others from earlier listings) are no longer on the bill at W-Fest....

wfest.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Estonia and Finland still on sale, but lots of tickets remain, so doubt either of these will 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Estonia and Finland still on sale, but lots of tickets remain, so doubt either of these will 


 https://myrockshows.com/event/467591-bob-geldof-alexela-kontserdimaja/

 

Estonia cancelled according to this link 



__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

But tickets on sale for the still-on-for-now Helsinki gig



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Looks like they will only play fullish sets as headliners..


Fri 13 Aug Stone Valley South, Ware - Headliners

Sun 15 Aug Roundhouse Music Festival, Dagenham - Headliners

Sun 12 Sep Forever Young, Kildare, Ireland - 8th on bill behind OMD, Paul Young, Tiffany, Heather Small, Chesney Hawkes, Altered Images & Cutting Crew !!!!!!!!

Sat 25 Sep Let's Rock Norwich - 2nd on bill behind Wet Wet Wet!!

 

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cant believe they are playing at Dagenham next weekend, anybody else going, if you do make sure you have locking wheel nuts lol



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ratboy wrote:

Cant believe they are playing at Dagenham next weekend, anybody else going, if you do make sure you have locking wheel nuts lol


I am going to Ware & Dagenham.  Going to get train to Ware and bus to Dagenham. So no need for locking wheel nuts.  Late start in Ware (on stage at 21:50), but earlier in Dagenham (20:30) with 21:30 end.  Just gotta get 23:45 train back from Ware.  Will make my way out when Rats do the eponymous song.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

FRIDAY 13TH AUG 2021 - Stone Valley Stage Times

  • BOOMTOWN RATS 21:50
  • SHAM 69 20:05
  • NEVILLE STAPLE 18:35
  • THE FARM 17:10
  • THE BONNET 16:00


__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Stone Valley - pretty pretty good.  Started with Rat Trap and ended with Rat Trap (How good was that!).  A brief interlude in the middle with the new songs (Trash Glam, Monster Monkeys, She Said No, Heres A Postcard), but all the singles off first 2 LPs + Mondays + Someone's Looking + Eva Braun.  Encore of She's Gonna Do You In and then as the eponymous song started I was on my toes to catch the 23:15 back to London.

 

Would recommend Neville Staple, but beware if you ever see Sham 69. Jimmy Pursey has found his inner Iggy Pop!



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2617
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Stone Valley - pretty pretty good.  Started with Rat Trap and ended with Rat Trap (How good was that!).  A brief interlude in the middle with the new songs (Trash Glam, Monster Monkeys, She Said No, Heres A Postcard), but all the singles off first 2 LPs + Mondays + Someone's Looking + Eva Braun.  Encore of She's Gonna Do You In and then as the eponymous song started I was on my toes to catch the 23:15 back to London.

 

Would recommend Neville Staple, but beware if you ever see Sham 69. Jimmy Pursey has found his inner Iggy Pop!


 Sounds great, but no Banana Republic or Diamond Smiles? And wish they would play some different old stuff. And yes, the eponymous song grates.



__________________


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sounds a good set to me, can't wait for this evening


__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Very enjoyable performance in Dagenham. Not as busy as Stone Valley, but the crowd was a mix of many ages and the young kids were really digging the Rats! An abridged set dropping She Said No and Heres A Postcard along with Shes Gonna Do You In from the encore. Also no reprise of Rat Trap. Geldofs references to his dad cooking frog burgers at the nearby Ford factory were pretty funny.

Overall less was more! Got the ultimate approval from Mrs. ArrGee who thought it was a superb show.

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark L wrote:

 Sounds great, but no Banana Republic or Diamond Smiles? And wish they would play some different old stuff. And yes, the eponymous song grates.


No, pretty much all killer and no filler smile 

I wonder if they may play some different old stuff at The Palladium.  I wouldnt mind a rendition of some songs that havent been played in last 10 years or so like Dave and Dont Believe What You Read.  May be their last dedicated show for some time, especially given the last one I remember was the 40th anniversary show back in 2015.  I think all of them since then have been some sort of festival appearance, but I could be wrong.  Certainly the last time I saw them prior to this weekend.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

That was some night, in my honest opinion that was the best I have seen em since thew Isle of Wight . 



__________________


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

A little surprised that they played Mondays after the Plymouth shootings but I guess it just proves Bob right which of course he loves

 



__________________


House on Fire

Status: Offline
Posts: 145
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ratboy wrote:

That was some night, in my honest opinion that was the best I have seen em since thew Isle of Wight . 


 Was a great performance agreed. Good crowd response to. Shame didn't see you. Hope all well



__________________


House on Fire

Status: Offline
Posts: 145
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ratboy wrote:

A little surprised that they played Mondays after the Plymouth shootings but I guess it just proves Bob right which of course he loves

 


 Mondays with not one but two long pauses as well !!



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ratboy wrote:

That was some night, in my honest opinion that was the best I have seen em since the Isle of Wight . 


FWIW I think Cork in the tent and Maida Vale were the best, but last night was up there with any show this century.  I even enjoyed the eponymous song in the end.  Loved it when Geldof said they spent a fortune on the confetti cannons



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yes I did look for you Suss but couldn't find you, all is good thanks, I hope you are too

 



__________________


I Don't Like Mondays

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yes Geldof was in good form last night as well, I could have watched them all night

 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:
Mark L wrote:

 Sounds great, but no Banana Republic or Diamond Smiles? And wish they would play some different old stuff. And yes, the eponymous song grates.


No, pretty much all killer and no filler smile 

I wonder if they may play some different old stuff at The Palladium.  I wouldnt mind a rendition of some songs that havent been played in last 10 years or so like Dave and Dont Believe What You Read.  May be their last dedicated show for some time, especially given the last one I remember was the 40th anniversary show back in 2015.  I think all of them since then have been some sort of festival appearance, but I could be wrong.  Certainly the last time I saw them prior to this weekend.


Sadly it didn't turn out that way.  Only new song was Get A Grip which was pretty underwhelming.  Last time I go to a Rats gig, will just see them at festivals from now on.



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

I suspect Finland gig did not happen. Or did it?

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7162
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

I suspect Finland gig did not happen. Or did it?


 Postponed to 2023 hmm



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard