Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: The Wall In Concert - 30 Dec 2021 - Hammersmith Apollo


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7036
Date:
The Wall In Concert - 30 Dec 2021 - Hammersmith Apollo
Permalink  
 


Geldofs latest wheeze to play to a crowd of 2,000 and be in bed by midnight...

... tickets from £35 to £101.


Don't miss this homage to one of the greatest rock operas ever made, on the 40th anniversary of the legendary concert tour by Pink Floyd.

The Wall is one of the most iconic rock albums ever recorded. The show features Sir Bob Geldof who starred as PINK in the film "Pink Floyd - The Wall", alongside musicians and singers from the original Pink Floyd and Roger Waters tours.

https://www.eventim.co.uk/event/the-wall-in-concert-eventim-apollo-13559271/?affiliate=HAL

 



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2565
Date:
Permalink  
 

ArrGee wrote:

Geldofs latest wheeze to play to a crowd of 2,000 and be in bed by midnight...

... tickets from £35 to £101.


Don't miss this homage to one of the greatest rock operas ever made, on the 40th anniversary of the legendary concert tour by Pink Floyd.

The Wall is one of the most iconic rock albums ever recorded. The show features Sir Bob Geldof who starred as PINK in the film "Pink Floyd - The Wall", alongside musicians and singers from the original Pink Floyd and Roger Waters tours.

https://www.eventim.co.uk/event/the-wall-in-concert-eventim-apollo-13559271/?affiliate=HAL

 


 I won't be going, even if it officially goes ahead which is by no means certain. I found the Wall difficult to follow and in the recent Tiswas clip I posted elsewhere on here, even Geldof struggled to put over what it was about notwithstanding the ages of the audience around him in the ATV studios and at home. Mind you Sally James would easily distract many males and some women I suppose. 



-- Edited by Mark L on Wednesday 10th of February 2021 03:50:12 PM



-- Edited by Mark L on Wednesday 10th of February 2021 03:50:46 PM

__________________


Loudmouth

Status: Offline
Posts: 2565
Date:
Permalink  
 

My fingers gone fat in lockdown lol 



__________________


The Elephant's Graveyard

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:
Permalink  
 

I bought a ticket. It'll be an interesting night and a bit of Bob's career I don't know too much about. I got a £35 ticket seated because it was the best I could afford. Hopefully it goes ahead. I've also never seen Bob at the Hammersmith Apollo. I'm glad to be doing that.

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7036
Date:
Permalink  
 

Rats Fan wrote:

I bought a ticket. It'll be an interesting night and a bit of Bob's career I don't know too much about. I got a £35 ticket seated because it was the best I could afford. Hopefully it goes ahead. I've also never seen Bob at the Hammersmith Apollo. I'm glad to be doing that.


 Better bring your binoculars!  I am not a Pink Floyd fan and never saw The Wall movie.  Unlikely to go unless I get a cheap ticket nearer the time.  I have seen Geldof at Hammersmith Odeon back in 1981, was close enough to see the reds of his eyes...

PS - The link I provided no longer works and neither does the indirect one you provided. Strange...



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The Elephant's Graveyard

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thank you for letting me know about that. Yes the link has vanished. I've just bought a ticket eek. I hope there is not a problem... 



__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7036
Date:
Permalink  
 

Strange that this show has disappeared from the listings.

__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The Elephant's Graveyard

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:
Permalink  
 

I bought a ticket. It kept disappearing and reappearing from the listings. I got an email 6 weeks later saying that Bob Geldof will not be appearing and the promoters will be back in touch. I requested a refund about 3 weeks ago. I have not heard a thing. I've kept re-emailing and heard nothing. I'm really annoyed about the whole thing. 



-- Edited by Rats Fan on Friday 2nd of April 2021 07:25:53 PM

__________________


Back To Boomtown

Status: Offline
Posts: 7036
Date:
Permalink  
 

Rats Fan wrote:

I bought a ticket. It kept disappearing and reappearing from the listings. I got an email 6 weeks later saying that Bob Geldof will not be appearing and the promoters will be back in touch. I requested a refund about 3 weeks ago. I have not heard a thing. I've kept re-emailing and heard nothing. I'm really annoyed about the whole thing. 


 what a bummer!



__________________

 What is this bloke talking about? 


The Elephant's Graveyard

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:
Permalink  
 

Haha yeh it has been. I've finally had confirmation today that I will be getting a refund but it has been a real uphill battle. Phew! £40 to me right now is a hell of a lot of money



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard